Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Vision: It’s Time to Run

Then the LORD answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. - Habakkuk 2:2

February 14, 2009

How the Word Came:

On Sunday night, a lady in the prayer room started prophesying, saying “it’s time to run! There’s not time to walk, it’s time to run, we have to run!” I wasn’t there but this lady is a relative of mine that typically doesn’t prophesy too often so my interest was peaked about what God was saying. The next night, on the way to church the Lord began to reveal more of His vision for me. After the service, the pastor made a chance for me to receive prayer from Prophet George Moss. I told George some new things were coming and all I keep hearing form the Lord is to step out in faith. I told him my concern was stepping out too far in front of God. He gave me a word saying the Lord is leading me out by His word and that I am not stepping out on my own but rather the Lord is leading me out. As excited as I was, this wasn’t the only word I would receive this week!

Through a couple of emails I kept reading Habakkuk 2:2 and while it got my attention I didn’t really put too much thought in it. Last night, a great man of God who the Lord is beginning to use in a mighty way (who I knew of but just got to talk to this week in regards to Jesus), gave me that same scripture and said he felt like it was for me. Now God had my attention! I starting thinking, Lord what are You trying to say with this scripture? What do you want me to do?

In the prayer closet today the Lord gave me the revelation! THANK YOU JESUS! It brought back into remembrance a series of visions He gave me around early spring 2008 and showed me it is now time to run with it.

ISAIAH 58 – The Blueprint

The Lord showed me a red banner with Isaiah 58 written in white letters being raised. To be honest I was afraid because every time I’ve read Isaiah 58 prior to this I felt the powerful fear of the lord but this time was different. The Lord started showing me a blueprint or roadmap in this chapter.

In Isaiah 58 the Lord tells His people that if they turn from their wicked ways and do good, their darkness will be as the noonday sun and He will make them like a watered garden. The Lord doesn’t say here I will make you like a watered garden and then you will do good, He says if you do good I will make you like a watered garden!

What the Lord is saying for the church now is turn from your wicked ways such as pointing fingers, speaking wickedness, bickering, & gossip (v. 9), its time to step out in faith and do the good we are called to do such as feed the hungry, satisfy the afflicted soul, loose the bonds of wickedness, and lead people to righteousness and He will show up!

The Lord is saying if you step out on faith I will show up! If you step out in faith I will make you like a water garden bearing much good fruit. Rivers of living water will flow from you and spring up into life not only for you but for those around you!

IT HAS ALREADY STARTED!!!

“And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. (Mark 16:20).”

The Lord is raising up people everywhere, from every age group, from every background, who are willing to step out on faith! Like the early church, He is confirming the word through accompanying signs!

It’s only February but so far this year has been filled with testimony after testimony about how He is using nameless faceless people you never heard of to witness, heal, and deliver! We are living in an amazing time!

DON’T MISS IT!!!

The Lord is moving, don’t miss it! Don’t let the enemy tell you or use others to tell you that you are being prideful, that you are not good enough, that you’re too young or old, or you didn’t go to Bible school, etc! They did the same thing to David before he was used by God to slay the giant (1 Samuel 17:28-53)!

“26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence. 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD (1 Corinthians 1:26-31).”

Isaiah 61 – The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Me

After the banner of Isaiah 58 was raised and planted I saw another banner being raised. This banner looked like the first one except written on it was Isaiah 61. The Lord then told me after His people step out in faith for a time He will powerfully anoint them and send them out as in Isaiah 61.

“And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations (v. 4).”

“For as the earth brings forth its bud, as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth, so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations (v.11).”

Torchbearers are being sent forth!

The Lord told us regarding the Lions of Christ, “the only two things you need to teach people is that it’s time to mobilize the church and that everything they need is found in My presence.”

The Lord is now showing me that He is sending out several torchbearers to mobilize the church, to spread the message, to preach His word in order to rally the troops so to speak. These torchbearers are like Paul Reveres being sent out proclaiming “the Lord is coming, the Lord is coming!” They are being sent to alert, impart, & commission hungry believers to His call! These are the ones the Lord is using to write the vision and make it plain so that those who read it will run with it!

Then the LORD answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. - Habakkuk 2:2

One foot in front of the other!

The Lord kept showing me legs walking, one foot in front of the other. What He was showing me was that the leg that was in front now moves to the back to hold and stabilize the weight of the body while the leg that was behind moves forward and steps into new territory!

As these torchbearers step out in front to commission believers, the leg that was out in front is moving to the back to hold the weight of the church. The Lord showed me this to will happen to the torchbearers. As believers are raised up through them, they will eventually be that back foot holding the weight of the Bride as the other foot moves another step closer to her King! This time will be a time of rest and stability for the initial torchbearers as they begin to take positions in church governments.

Humility is the key here! We must not be self-centered but kingdom minded. We must do what we can to support what the Lord is doing no matter who He uses!

Prayer:
I pray that this word be true to you, that it blesses you. I pray that the Lord keeps you in His will that you may full of the fruits of righteousness which are by Christ Jesus to the praise & glory of God the Father in Jesus’ precious name! AMEN!


God bless,

Mike Thompson,
Lions of Christ

No comments: