Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Surrender: The Key to Transformation

A friend told me one time that the Lord spoke to him and said, “Victory is in surrender.” This revelation changed the way I started to look at things. I no longer needed to strive per se but rather I needed to position myself to what God was trying to do in my life.

I quickly learned how effective a simple prayer can be when I prayed: “Lord, I don’t know what You’re doing to me but I trust You and surrender to whatever Your doing in my life. My flesh may not like it but my spirit is more than willing, do with me as You will in Jesus’ name!”

Sometimes we don’t understand what the Lord is doing in our lives but we don’t have to, all we have to do is trust Him!

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).”

Most of us seek the Lord for greater transformation, healing or deliverance in some area of our lives and understand this process is done through the Spirit of Lord.

“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord ( 2 Corinthians 3:17-18).”

What most of us seem to forget in the process of transformation is that how long the process takes usually depends on us. The more we surrender to Him and let go of ourselves, the more He will transform us. I will close this lesson with the words of John the Baptist, “He must increase, but I must decrease (John 3:30).”

No comments: