Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vision of the Multi-Headed Dragon

After a couple of days of being busy and not taking a specific time to pray and be available for God, I hit the Prayer Room and began plowing again. The first two days were like digging a dry well but I made sure I pressed in for a significant amount of time. When I went to pray on the third day, as soon as I kneeled down I heard the Lord say, “write this down (I only told this part to encourage people to press in, breakthrough can be one more prayer away).”


As I grabbed my notebook I saw a red multi-headed dragon being ridden by a woman. The Lord then warned me that after my next breakthrough I would have to fight the biggest battle I have had to fight yet in my spiritual walk. I then saw a man in full armor representing me resisting this huge dragon and I thought as I saw this “how am I supposed to fight this thing? Lord, I need strategy!”


The Lord then told me each head of the dragon represents a different attack. At first I saw only two heads. The Lord told me to resist the weaker head with my shield (faith) and to attack the stronger head with my sword (Word) so I watched as I raised my shield to resist the weaker headed and I attacked the stronger head with my sword ( appeared as though I was attacking it’s mouth). As I watched on I can remember successfully resisting the dragon but it took much focus and endurance, it was a long and constant battle and I knew that I needed perseverance to overcome.

As I started to knock the enemy back I noticed a few more heads coming from the background in the forefront on each side. I remember thinking something along the lines of, “I only have two hands, I need back-up, Lord what do You want me to do?” The Lord then told me to ask others for help. As I asked for help I saw other believers interceding for me and as they prayed light would shoot from their mouths to a specific head of the dragon keeping it from attacking my while I continued to thwart off the first two heads before the dragon fled in frustration.


After the battle, I noticed I was wounded and exhausted but in good spirit. I had chinks in my armor from the battle but I knew it was time to rest and that the Lord would heal me. The Lord then told me after this battle He would send me a prophet, a mentor who made sense of the battle and taught me as I rested and recovered.


I believe the Lord wanted me to share this with others so that they could implement this strategy in their own battles.


I believe the Lord was showing me that enemy comes to devour us he will come on different fronts.
For example, one head may be finances and another head may be a relationship problem, etc. We should use our faith to resist the weaker one and the word to attack the other stronger one. When the enemy brings more things that we can handle we need to ask the brethren for help. One thing I should note is that in my vision each person that interceded for me were praying against different heads coming against me (i.e. one might pray for finances one might pray for relationships, etc.).


I also believe the Lord was saying it’s OK to rest, refresh, and heal after a battle. To evaluate what happened so that we can learn and be empowered by our trials and to learn from the trials of others. Also the Lord told me that the woman riding the dragon was the source of the attack. I believe He was saying that what comes at us is not the cause but there is usually something behind it, a root so to speak. I believe that He would have us ask for His wisdom in these things and have Him reveal to us any cause or root of attack so we can be much more effective in overcoming it.

I pray that the Lord will use my experience to show you how to overcome trials and battles in your own live and that He would pour His wisdom into you and strengthen you with His right arm in the name of our most precious and powerful Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!


AMEN!

No comments: