Saturday, January 10, 2009

3 Keys to move into 2009 and Beyond

God spoke on New Year’s Eve and said, “tell my bride it’s time to make herself ready. Behold, I come quickly!” Afterward I thought to myself, “what do I tell” and “who do I tell?”

In the prayer closet today He had me read James 1:5-7 and to pray for wisdom. As I prayed with the scripture I prayed for wisdom, not have any doubt, not to be moved like the waves of the sea being carried by the wind, and not to be double-minded but to be full of faith, wisdom, and discernment and to know where to move throughout 2009 and beyond.

He responded by giving me 3 keys, 3 “to do’s” for this year and the coming years. When I questioned whether or not I should share this word publicly, I heard the Lord say prophesy according to your faith. Romans 12:6 says, “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith.” I felt like if I didn’t give this word I would be blowing a huge opportunity for growth so I quickly grabbed my pen and notebook.

The Lord told me there are 3 keys we need to focus on privately and corporately. Those three keys are praise, intercession, and intimacy. He then began to show me the effects of putting these 3 keys into practice; we will look at them individually.

Praise: Praise is where we serve God, minister to Him, and Glorify Him. Psalm 22:3 tells us that God is enthroned in the praises of His people. When His Spirit comes as a result of our praise, heaven opens, barriers in the atmosphere are broken, our hearts get plowed, and we experience breakthrough.

Intercession: Intercession is a way we can serve others through prayer. The Lord showed me when we take the time to pray for others we not only help them but we help ourselves. Intercession is one form of love in action which is why I believe Paul told us to “pray without ceasing (1 Thes. 5:17).” As we recognize the needs of others we gain perspective and are more thankful for things that He has given us, especially here in the U.S. As we pray for others, our own heart gets plowed. Luke 6:38 says, “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Intimacy: When we set time apart for God and make ourselves available, He will minister to us by revealing Himself, restoring us, giving us rest, and empowering us to overcome. John 14:21 says, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” Hebrews 11:6 says, “without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Mark 14:38 says, “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Private vs. Public: I believe the Lord is really speaking to His people to get in the prayer closet. I know this is the case for me personally and many believers are saying the same around the globe. While we must come together and practice these 3 keys corporately, the Lord is looking for people to set time apart, close the door, and plow the heavens with prayer. I believe our public ministry and breakthrough can be only as big as our personal prayer life (relationship) and the difference between those who do and don’t practice these 3 keys privately will begin to be drastically shown. Matthew 6:6 says, “when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.”

I thank you for taking the time to read this word the Lord shared with me and I pray that it will speak to your heart and kindle an even closer relationship with Him in Jesus’ precious name!

Amen!

No comments: